Sunday, November 19

Exercise in no worries

Losing stuff is like breaking up with a girlfriend. I just lost my wallet (credit cards, driver's license, a little cash). Your wallet, like a girlfriend, has been with you through good times bad times is fortified with useful and not useful things - but everything you want. Then, when it's gone, everything is very upsetting- you have to now find a new one and work out everything you need. You almost don't want to deal with replacing it. I'm going to have to get over some trust issue with my new wallet- that's for sure.

So we had an air hockey tournament at a truck stop outside a town called Gympie. They had the air hockey pucks but no hitters. I took out my wallet to use as a hitter and to the best of my knowledge I left it there. I only made it to the final round of the air hockey tourney- not much to say since there only 3 contenders. I have to replace the credit cards and all - but the closet storm now seems to be that I have no legal form of identification (no passport OR driver's license) except that Forrest and Andy could promise I am who I say I am. With a domestic and international flights coming up in less than a week- things my get fun. Nonetheless we just booked an awesome sailing trip at WhitSundays.

All in all I've really had no worries about it all. Things happen, you lose stuff, you just work it out. There's always a solution. There's always a greater Hope in it all as well that superceeds all things- good and bad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,

You missed the snow in Orlando!!!!

http://www.wftv.com/weather/10373307/detail.html

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, MD - happy Thanksgiving from the States!! sorry to hear about your car / wallet problems! Glad you're okay and not hurt. Hope you get everything worked out to get home. We'll miss you tonight at Dunkle's for Canasta. Take care! -Jeff

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dix, Its Josh.

Man that sux all your stuff got stolen. However I can sympathize with the lost wallet scenario as my new car was recently stolen and my wallet was in it as well. Good grief!

Hope the remainder of your trip is safe, look forward to catching up when you return.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home